Ich fand kürzlich ein Zitat, welches mich nachdenklich stimmte und viel Stoff für Überlegungen gibt:"Those who believe they believe in God, but without passion in the heart, without anguish of mind, without uncertainty, without doubt, and even at times without despair, believe only in the idea of God and not in God himself." Miguel de Unamuno
"Die, die glauben, dass sie an einen Gott glauben, jedoch ohne Leidenschaft in ihrem Herzen, ohne Angst in der Seele, ohne Unsicherheit, ohne Zweifel und manchmal sogar ohne Verzweiflung, die glauben an die Idee eines Gottes jedoch nicht in Gott selbst." Miguel de Unamuno
Hier ein Auszug aus dem Buch "Second Guessing God (hanging on when you can't see his plan)" von Brian Jones, von wo ich auch obriges Zitat entnahm. (Wenn jemand eine Übersetzung möchte - bitte melden.)
The reason I think it is so important to pray the psalms while we are living in mystery is to learn how to be honest with God. Looking back, I'm amazed at how honest I was with God before I became a Christian. Before my conversion I held nothing back; whatever I felt at the time, I expressed it to God. After becoming a Christian, however, it was as if someone slipped me a little note that told me to use my manners when I approach the Almighty. For quite some time, when I was troubled or angry with God, I never told him about it--I didn't think I was allowed. This resulted in an inconsistency between what was in my heart and what came out of my mouth. The psalms of lament gave me the courage to be real.
If the psalms of lament teach us anything, it is this: Christians can love God and feel immense hatred toward him at the same time. God doesn't want tamed down, sanitized, forcibly dishonest prayers. He wants us to talk to him from our hearts, and sometimes that involves screaming and using words we wouldn't repeat in public. Sometimes anything less than this is dishonest.
2 Kommentare:
not bad.
top [url=http://www.001casino.com/]casino online[/url] check the latest [url=http://www.casinolasvegass.com/]casino[/url] manumitted no deposit bonus at the best [url=http://www.baywatchcasino.com/]casino online
[/url].
Kommentar veröffentlichen